Which is the Best Indian Diet Strategy for Weight Loss?
Indian food is known for the taste that comes through the vibrant spices, wide variety of some extraordinary rich flavors and fresh herbs. But when it comes to lose weight, it changes almost in each aspect as the diet food preferences fluctuate in all over the India. Most of the Indian people prefer to follow a pure plant based diet that combines the specialty of a particular religion.
Indian population that derives from different religion follow the individual taste specifically. For example, if we talk about Hinduism population, 80% of it promotes the complete vegetarian diet. These people follow a traditional diet food that emphasizes on the high consumables plant foods like lentils, green vegetables, raw fruits. Some of them follow a low consumption of non-vegetarian food like meat, fish, eggs etc.
However, if we talk about obesity, it is the series of tissues that rise in the Indian population with the mass consumption of processed foods. In recent years, India has now seen a flow in the obesity and its related chronic like diseases or influenza like illness, heart disease and the diabetes. Here we will explain the most promising Indian diet that can cut off your fat and promotes the weight loss. There are millions of opinions about the Indian Diet food according to the different religions in India. There is a pool of thoughts about which food to eat and what to avoid to gain a healthy body.
Why Should We Follow a Traditional Indian Diet?
- It is a plant based diet that focuses on the green, fresh and whole vegetables and other Indian foods that promotes weight loss. It has been associated with the numerous health benefits like to low the risk of heart disease, liver diseases, breast cancer and colon cancer and diabetes. Moreover, it is in particular has been allied to reduce the risk of Alzheimer’s diseases.
- The experts have also proved this plant based Indian Diet as best in losing the weight. Due to a low consumption of meat and more emphasis on the green vegetable & fruits, this traditional diet of India is most trusted source to get a healthy body.
- By following a plant based Indian diet, you may be able to keep yourself free from the risk of chronic diseases as it encourages the weight loss.
- This Indian diet is quite rich in some nutrients like vegetables, fruits, lentils and carbs. These are the food groups of this plant based diet to lose your weight.
What to Eat to Lose Weight?
The Indian diet is always influenced by the different religions, a particular community or an area that promotes the healthy foods those are best to lose weight.
- A lacto-vegetarian Indian Diet is always encouraged for weight loss. The simple combination of milk, dairy products, lentils, green vegetables, low fat butter etc. are always recommended to lose your weight. This lacto-vegetarian Indian Diet for weight loss discourages the consumption of meat, fish, poultry and eggs. It always encourages to eat dairy products.
- It focuses on the lentils, grains, green vegetables, coconut oil, fruits and other types of low fat carbs. The green vegetables those cooked in coconut oil along with the spices as turmeric, coriander, cumin seeds, fenugreek and ginger are the best Indian Diet to have while trying hard to lose weight.
- This diet has been associated with the traditional Indian dishes that cooked in low fat carbs like ingredients and spices to add rich aromas and nutrients benefits. Turmeric, a most popular Indian spice that is being used in India widely for its anti-inflammatory, anti-cancer and anti-bacterial properties.
Which Indian Healthy Food to Eat?
In India, there are many delicious food and food processes that we can choose while we are following a lacto vegetarian diet to lose weight. They are incorporated with the countless healthy ingredients to make your diet plan.
- Some vegetables like, spinach, tomatoes, onions, mustard greens, eggplants, okra, bitter guards, melons mushrooms, cauliflowers, broccoli and more, you can choose to eat to maintain a healthy diet at the time of workout.
- Fruits like, papaya, water melons, oranges that is the main source of Vitamin C, guava, apples, pears, avocado, bananas, plums, pomegranates, mangoes are the best to include in the breakfast, lunch and dinner to make your body strong enough to burn the calories.
- A lacto Indian Diet also follows the series of nuts and seeds like, almonds, peanuts, cashews, pistachios, seeds of sesame, watermelons and pumpkins to improve your stamina for running and jogging.
Is there Any Other Foods to Enclose with Lacto-Vegetarian Indian Diet?
- The lacto-vegetarian diet is all about to eat vegetables, pulses, green salads, fruits. Additionally, it promotes the good quality of food which is cooked in delicious manner to bring the different taste so that we couldn’t feel bored. Sprouts, beans, peas, lentils, chickpeas, roots like potatoes, carrots, turnips, beetroots, kidney beans are all of the food choices that you can add in your diet to lose your weight. You can cook them nicely along with the Indian spices for a better taste.
- Apart from that there are others grains that you can also include in your diet for weight loss like brown rice, barleys, corns, whole grains, multi grains, multi grain breads, and millets. If you want to eat something different, you can choose dairy products like cheese, yoghurt, olive oil as the ingredients in your food. If you want to add the taste, you can cook it with the Indian spices like, ginger, garlic, cumin, coriander, paprika, turmeric, black pepper, basil, oregano, fenugreek and more.
- A lacto-vegetarian Indian diet is also considered as some healthy fats like coconut milk, coconut oil, mustard oil, olive oil, sesame oil, low fat butter, unsalted butter, homemade ghee but it strongly avoids some filtered and refined oil to cook food.
- It has a good source of protein like products as tofu, nuts and seeds to enhance the immunity power to fight with some influenza like illness (ILI). It focuses on the healthy breakfast those are flavored with spices and healthy herbs.